|Location||17 and 200 Osborne Road|
|Working Pattern||6-8 sessions per week|
|Salary||£9,457 per session per annum|
|Apply||By email to Vicky Watson, Practice Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st December 2021|
We are looking for a GP to join our team. The start date is flexible for the right candidate, and we welcome applications from GPs of all levels of experience.
We envisage the role being between 6 and 8 sessions per week, but we may be able to offer a degree of flexibility for the right candidate and welcome discussion if of interest.
Jesmond Health Partnership is a patient-focused, forward-thinking medical practice in Newcastle. We were formed in April 2019 after the merger of The Surgery and Holly Medical Group. We operate across two sites on Osborne Road in Jesmond.
Jesmond Health Partnership comprises of 3 GP partners, 6 salaried GPs, an experienced Nursing team including Nurse Practitioners, and knowledgeable and enthusiastic Reception and Administration teams.
We are a training practice and currently host GP Trainees, F2s and 3rd-year medical students.
Jesmond Health Partnership has a registered population list of over 13,000 patients, predominantly covering Jesmond, Gosforth and Heaton. We are a Linked Practice for 5 Care Homes in and around Jesmond with a population that could eventually cover 170 residents. We have a particularly diverse patient population covering all age groups.
We have a track record of innovation. We were a founding practice of the ‘Pharmacy Hub’, and we are the only practice in Newcastle utilising Salvie/AskMyGP as a digital platform for consulting with patients. It has helped us to provide safe and effective care during the pandemic with 85% of all patient contact coming via the platform, and well over 95% of patients leaving positive feedback about Salvie.
Download the JHP recruitment brochure or view it below.
To apply, or find out more about this vacancy, you can email Vicky Watson, Practice Manager at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 31st December 2021.
The following is a summary of key information for potential candidates’ consideration.
- Patient list of over 13,000 patients.
- Integrated SystmOne across both sites.
- High QoF Performance.
- Good across all areas in last CQC.
- Significantly better than local or national results for GP Choice feedback.
- Majority of visits performed by Nurse Practitioner team.
- 85% of patient contact through online platform Salvie.
- Workflow optimisation that has reduced letters being reviewed by GPs by approximately 80%.
- ‘Pharmacy Hub’ that deals with medication queries and discharge medication reconciliation.
- Active PCN member and linked Practice to 5 care homes.
- GP and F2 training, and medical student teaching.
- High quality Administration and Reception teams supporting diverse clinical team of HCAs, Practice Nurses and Nurse
- Practitioners as well as GPs
- Home visit support provision to GPs.