The Job Role
We are looking for two GPs – one a permanent position and one a fixed term role until September 2021. Start dates for both are flexible for the right candidate. We would envisage both roles to be 6 sessions per week but would be happy to discuss this flexibly with candidates.
Jesmond Health Partnership is a patient-focused, forward-thinking medical practice in Newcastle. We were formed in April 2019 after the merger of The Surgery and Holly Medical Group. We operate across two sites on Osborne Road in Jesmond.
Jesmond Health Partnership comprises 3 GP partners, 4 salaried GPs, an experienced Nursing team including Nurse Practitioners, and knowledgeable and enthusiastic Reception and Admin teams.
We are a training practice and currently host GP Trainees, F2s and 3rd year medical students.
Jesmond Health Partnership has a registered population list of over 13,000 patients, predominantly covering Jesmond, Gosforth and Heaton. We are a Linked Practice for 5 Care Homes in and around Jesmond with a population that could eventually cover 170 residents. We have a surprisingly diverse patient population covering all age groups.
We have a track record of innovation. We were a founding practice of the ‘Pharmacy Hub’, and we are the only practice in Newcastle utilising Salvie/AskMyGP as a digital platform for consulting with patients.
It has helped us to provide safe and effective care during the pandemic. 85% of all patient contact comes via the platform, with well over 95% of patients leaving positive feedback about Salvie.
- A list of over 13,000 patients.
- Integrated SystmOne across both sites.
- High QoF Performance.
- Good across all areas in last CQC.
- Significantly better than local or national results for GP Choice feedback.
- Majority of visits performed by Nurse Practitioner team
- 85% of patient contact through Salvie.
- Workflow Optimisation that has reduced letters being reviewed by GPs by approximately 80%.
- A founding partner of the ‘Pharmacy Hub’ that deals with medication queries and discharge medication reconciliation.
- Active PCN member – linked Practice to 5 care homes.
- GP and F2 training and Medical student teaching.
- High-quality Admin and Reception teams, HCAs, Practice Nurses and Nurse Practitioners provide home visit support to GPs.
Further Information and Applications
To express an interest in these roles, please send a CV to Practice Manager Vicky Watson at email@example.com
Further information about JHP, how we work and what our patients say can be found in our Recruitment Brochure below.JHP-Recruitment-Brochure