A digital-first practice
We use a digital-first system called askmyGP, rather than a traditional appointment model.
Instead of calling or visiting the practice to book an appointment, patients can contact our Doctors directly through our website.
You can describe your issue in your own words, choose which GP you would like to help you, and how and when you would like them to get back to you.
For lots of people, a solution can be found without needing to be seen in person. When a Doctor does want to do an in-person assessment, we can normally arrange that on the same day or shortly after.
Getting started with askmyGP
- Follow the askmygp link
- Click Sign up as a new user
- Enter a few details and confirm your account
- Once logged in, click New Request
- Choose from:
- NHS self help
- Reorder a repeat prescription or
- Consult a clinician (there is a temporary button for patients who have transferred to JHP from Avenue)
- Explain your issue in your own words and choose a Doctor to help you
- Answer some quick questions about your symptoms to help the Doctor understand
- Choose how you would like to be contacted
- Send your request
- That’s it. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can and take it from there.
Here’s how patients can use askmyGP.