This week there are vaccines available at locations all over the city, with no appointment needed. There is also an update on
Eligibility for booster vaccines
You will be contacted directly when you are able to book a booster vaccine. Here’s a reminder of who is eligible:
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all adults aged 50 or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- all those aged 16 – 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of becoming seriously ill from COVID-19
- Adult carers
- Adults living with someone who is immunosuppressed
Vaccines for 12-15-year-olds
Schools will coordinate vaccines for all 12-15-year-olds, with young people offered a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Written consent from a parent or guardian is required for children to be vaccinated. Schools will contact you in advance to seek your permission.
Patients can use this interactive map to see where covid vaccinations are available in Newcastle this week.
Drop-in sessions are first come first served and no ID is required. Patients may also receive text message invitations from GP practices or the council.
|Tuesday 5 October||500 Elswick Road, NE4 8ED||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Tuesday 5 October||Outer West Customer Services Centre, NE5 2RA||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Wednesday 6 October||East End Pool, NE6 1AL||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Wednesday 6 October||City Hall, NE1 8SF||Pfizer||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Thursday 7 October||Newcastle University Students Union, NE1 8QD||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Thursday 7 October||Westgate Hill Primary School, NE4 5JN||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Friday 8 October||Sports Centre, West Road, NE4 9LG||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Friday 8 October||Chillingham Road, NE6 5LL||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Friday 8 October||Osborne Road, near Obsornes Bar, NE2 2TD||Pfizer only||6 – 9pm||16+|
|Saturday 9 October||Westfield Social Club, Westgate Road, NE4 9PR||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Sunday 10 October||Quayside Market, Newcastle Quayside, NE1 3LA||Pfizer only||10am – 4pm||16+|
Centre For Life – walk-in service
To book an appointment at the Centre for Life, call 199 or use the National Booking System. Walk-in vaccinations are also offered.
Other Bookable Locations
Through the National Booking System or by calling 119, people can also schedule appointments at:
- Vertu Motors Arena (formerly the Newcastle Eagles Community Arena)
- The Centre For Life Vaccination Centre
- The Nightingale Vaccination Centre North East (located in Washington).
- Boots Pharmacy, Newcastle City Centre
- Superdrug Pharmacy, Newcastle City Centre
- Quayside Pharmacy
- Wellfield Pharmacy at Northumbria University Coach Lane Campus
- Ponteland Road Pharmacy
- Shieldfield Pharmacy
- Health Hut Pharmacy & Clinic, Gosforth
- Regent Christian Fellowship, Regent Chapel
- Douglas Pharmacy, Gosforth
For the latest pop-up dates, times and locations, visit the Newcastle Council vaccination pages.