Pre-booked appointments and drop-in vaccination sessions are available in multiple locations in Newcastle this week.
Update on who can get vaccinated:
- Everyone aged 16 or over cab get two vaccine doses, at least 8 weeks apart. Both doses need to be of the same vaccine.
- Children aged 12-15 will be offered the Pfizer vaccine. This will be done through schools, not GPs.
- Adults aged 70 and over will be invted for a third ‘booster’ jab in the coming months. Calls to book appointments will be made by Newcastle GP Services (NGPS).
Patients can use this interactive map to see where covid vaccinations are available in Newcastle this week.
Appointments and drop-in sessions are available at Newcastle Racecourse. Booking can be made via the National Booking System or by calling 119.
|Wednesday 29th September||AZ(Pfizer available by appointment only)||1st and 2nd||Over 16s||Drop-in and appointment||9am – 5pm|
|Thursday 30th September||AZ(Pfizer available by appointment only)||1st and 2nd||Over 16s||Drop-in and appointment||9am – 8pm|
|Saturday 2nd October||AZ(Pfizer available by appointment only)||1st and 2nd||Over 16s||Drop-in and appointment||10am – 5pm|
Drop-in sessions are first come first served and no ID is required. Patients may also receive text message invitations from GP practices or the council.
|Monday 27 – Thursday 30 September||Newcastle College Car Park, Rye Hill Campus, Scotswood Road, NE4 7SA||Pfizer only||10am – 5pm||16+|
|Thursday 30 September||Osborne Road (near Osbornes Bar) Jesmond, NE2 2TD (taxi rank area)||Pfizer only||6 – 9pm||16+|
|Saturday 2 October||Saville, Newbiggin Hall, NE5 4BS||Pfizer only||12 noon – 5pm||16+|
No appointment or ID is needed for the pop-up sessions at the Universities this week.
|Monday 27 – Wednesday 29 September||Newcastle University Students Union||Pfizer||1st and 2nd||10am – 5pm|
|Monday 27 September||Northumbria University, Quadrant (close to Student Union)||Pfizer||1st and 2nd||12 noon – 5.30pm|
|Tuesday 28 September||Northumbria University, Claude Gibb accommodation||Pfizer||1st and 2nd||12 noon – 5.30pm|
|Wednesday 29 September||Northumbria University, Northumberland Road||Pfizer||1st and 2nd||12 noon – 5.30pm|
|Thursday 30 September||Northumbria University, Quadrant (close to Student Union)||Pfizer||1st and 2nd||12 noon – 5.30pm|
Centre For Life – walk-in service
To book an appointment at the Centre for Life, call 199 or use the National Booking System. Walk-in vaccinations are also offered.
Other Bookable Locations
Through the National Booking System or by calling 119, people can also schedule appointments at:
- Vertu Motors Arena (formerly the Newcastle Eagles Community Arena)
- The Centre For Life Vaccination Centre
- The Nightingale Vaccination Centre North East (located in Washington).
- Boots Pharmacy, Newcastle City Centre
- Superdrug Pharmacy, Newcastle City Centre
- Quayside Pharmacy
- Wellfield Pharmacy at Northumbria University Coach Lane Campus
- Ponteland Road Pharmacy
- Shieldfield Pharmacy
- Health Hut Pharmacy & Clinic, Gosforth
- Regent Christian Fellowship, Regent Chapel
- Douglas Pharmacy, Gosforth