I am pleased to let patients know that our first batch of flu vaccines has arrived at the practice.
This Saturday 11th September, we will be holding our first flu clinic, focussing on vaccinating people aged 65 or over.
It is a pre-booked clinic, and eligible patients will have been sent an invitation by text message. We ask that patients without appointments do not come to the session.
We will be holding more clinics in the next few weeks, and everyone eligible will be able to get vaccinated. It is important we use the supplies we receive to protect the most vulnerable in our community.
Flu Clinic on Saturday 11th September
All our flu clinics will be at Holy Name Church Hall on Towers Avenue in Jesmond. You can get directions using the interactive map below, or download our guide with step-by-step directions to Holy Name from both our practice sites.
Using this larger venue means we can accommodate more people and still maintain social distancing.
Provisionally, we have two more clinics scheduled for Saturday 25th September and Saturday 9th October. I will confirm these will go ahead once we have received the next batches of vaccines.
A reminder on eligibility
More people than ever before can get a free NHS flu shot this year. We encourage everyone who is eligible to get a flu vaccine to do so. Getting a flu jab is the best way to protect yourself and the people around you and protect the NHS this autumn and winter.
We will be contacting people over 65 first, then adults in clinical risk groups, followed by 50-64-year-olds. This is to offer protection to the most vulnerable patients first.
Here is everyone who can get a free NHS flu jab this year.
- all children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021
- those aged six months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- pregnant women
- those aged 50 years and over
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff employed by:
- a registered residential care or nursing home
- registered domiciliary care provider
- a voluntary managed hospice provider
- Direct Payment (personal budgets) and/or Personal Health Budgets, such as Personal Assistants.
You can find full details on flu vaccination eligibility on the NHS website.