We are receiving a lot of calls today from patients who are having difficulties booking their second vaccination appointment through the virtual booking system.
Please take a look at the guide below, which sets out the step you need to follow. We would ask patients to please not ring the practice as we are getting a very high number of calls.
The Virtual Booking System
If you received your first covid vaccination during the weeks beginning 15th and 22nd February, you will receive a text message with a link to book. Some patients will have received them already, others will be receiving them soon. Please wait to receive the text before trying to book and please don’t call to ask when you will receive it – you won’t be missed out.
It’s important you use this link and follow these steps to successfully book your appointment.
- Follow the link in the message you receive.
- Select “Second Vaccination Bookings ONLY”. This is the fourth option you see, depicted with a blue cross and syringe.
- Select Newcastle as the locality, and for GP Practice select “The Surgery – Osborne Road A86020 (NE3 3LD)”. Make sure you enter the date of your first vaccination.
- Enter all your personal details including your NHS number. You can find your NHS number here if you don’t have it to hand.
- Proceed to the appointment booking screen.
- You must attend the same location as your first vaccination.
It is important you follow these steps to successfully book your second vaccination appointment.
If you still have problems after following these steps, we ask patients to please send us a request through Salvie rather than call the practice.