This Friday 8th May is the VE Day Bank Holiday. We will be open at 17 Osborne Road from 8am to 6pm.
Here’s a reminder of how our services are currently working:.
- All appointments will be by telephone in the first instance. If we need to see you in person, we’ll ask you to come in.
- Please do not come to the practice without having spoken to us first and been asked to attend.
- Online appointment bookings have been paused.
- We’ve increased our phone lines to answer your calls.
- Online consultations are now available at this link.
- Medical students are providing us with extra Reception and Admin support.
- Staff are wearing Personal Protective Equipment for their safety and yours.
Using our digital services.
As we try to minimise face-to-face contact, we’d encourage patients to make use of our online services. They’re easy to use, safe and convenient.
eConsult lets you get help, treatment advice or send a message to us through our website. It’s safe and easy to use. More here:
If you have a prescription, please consider having it sent directly to a pharmacy of your choice. This could be anywhere in the country, especially useful for students not currently in Newcastle. Use our online system if you’re registered, or speak to the Reception Team on 0191 281 4588.
The NHS App is a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. Find out how to get it and what you can do here.
Please be aware that local pharmacies may be operating different opening times across the area, so do check before you travel.
Two Boots branches – our neighbour at 17a Osborne Road, and on Northumberland Street in the City Centre – are both currently closed due to staffing shortages. If either of these is your nominated pharmacy, you will need to choose an alternative. Either use our online system or call Reception on 1019 281 4588