Get your Covid pass with the NHS App
Your NHS Covid pass proves that you have been fully vaccinated against covid-19.
While covid passes are no longer mandatory for attending large events, some venues may still use them to reduce risk to staff and guests.
If you are travelling overseas, you may also be asked to prove your vaccination status as a condition of entry into specific countries. Before departing, you should check the entry requirements for your intended destination.
It is important to note that the covid pass is available through the NHS App, not the NHS COVID-19 app, used for contact tracing.
Getting your covid pass
Creating your covid pass, either for a domestic event or international travel, is an easy process.
You will need to download the NHS App to your smartphone if you haven’t already done so.
Follow our screen-by-screen guide or look at the steps listed below.
- Open the NHS App and make sure you are logged in.
- Tap ‘Get your NHS COVID Pass’ under Popular services.
- On the next screen, tap the green ‘Continue’ button.
- Choose whether you want a pass for domestic use or travel.
- The travel option has an extra stage reminding you to check the entry requirements of your destination.
- The green box will show that your record has been found. Tap ‘Show details’.
- A 2D barcode will be generated, confirming you have been vaccinated.
On the ‘Your NHS COVID Pass’ screen, you can also scroll down to see options to download your pass as a pdf or have it sent to you by email.
If your smartphone has a ‘wallet’ function, such as Apple Wallet or Google Pay, you can add your covid pass, making it quicker and easier to display.
Each code is valid for 30 days. Log in again and follow the same process to get a new one.
Getting your covid pass without the App
If you don’t have a smartphone or cannot download the NHS App, you can get your covid pass through the NHS website.
For anyone not able to apply digitally, you can apply for an NHS COVID Pass letter online or by calling 119.
A pass letter will be posted to you within seven days, and as the App passes, it will be valid for 30 days.
GP surgeries cannot provide proof of vaccination status, and we would recommend patients use the NHS App as the quickest and easiest way of getting their covid pass.