International travel will once again be allowed from next Monday 17th. This is the start of a gradual resumption of leisure travel, with 12 destinations added to the Government’s ‘green list’ of countries and territories.
If you are travelling, you may be asked to prove their vaccine status, and from Monday 17th May this will begin to be available to display via the NHS App.
What you need to know:
- The service will go live on 17th May.
- It will available digitally through the NHS app.
- A paper version will be available by calling the helpline on 119.
- GP practice cannot provide proof of vaccination status – please do not call to ask.
- It will only be available to people who have had a full course of the covid-19 vaccine. This means both doses.
- If you are planning to travel, it is your responsibility to check the entry requirements for your destination.
Not many countries are currently accepting vaccination proof, so you may well need to follow other procedures, such as a negative pre-departure test.
The NHS App
The NHS app is a free smartphone application, available to anyone aged 13 or over who is registered with a GP practice in England. It is a simple and easy way to access a range of NHS services.
More information on the NHS App can be found on the NHS website. It is available to download from the App Store and Google Play store at the links below.