Today a new and improved system has been launched for patients to book their COVID-19 vaccinations, once they have received an invitation.
When patients are eligible to get vaccinated, you will be sent a link to a virtual booking system, either by text message, or through a letter if we do not have a mobile phone number for you.
Please wait to receive a letter or text before attempting to book your appointment.
This virtual booking system will give patients more choice and flexibility when booking the time and date of their vaccination. Here’s how it works:
- You receive a letter or text message with a link
- Follow the link to access the virtual booking system
- Enter the locality (ie Newcastle) and your date of birth
- Select us as your GP practice – please note we will be listed at THE SURGERY – OSBORNE RD
- Choose your venue – either Newcastle Race Course in Gosforth or Newcastle Eagles Basketball on Scotswood Rd
- Choose a date and time that suits you, and confirm
This system makes it quicker and easier to book your vaccination appointment and offers you more flexibility of choice. You can book as soon as you receive your invitation – and we’d advise you to do so.
People in the 8th priority group (ages 55-59) are currently able to be booked into clinics, and invitations to those in the 9th group (aged 50-54) have started to go out.
Please wait to be contacted before you attempt to book an appointment. Extra calls to the practice from patients who are not yet eligible for a vaccination make it harder for other patients to get through on the phone.
We will give a full update on the status of all vaccination priority groups on Monday. You can read our first update from Monday 15th March at this link.